Sunday, March 27, 2005

Sunday - Griswold mission

At about 4 in the morning, I awoke to my cell phone ringing. It must have been ringing a while because the battery almost went dead. I did eventually wake up to answer and was McM to say that his parents flight had been pushed from arriving at 6:09 to 2:47. I thought that was pretty sweet which meant I could sleep in a bit more. However I was wrong. My dad showed up twice to wake me up at 4:30 and 5:00 to wake me up thinking their flight was still arriving at 6:09. Grrrrrrr. I think those lost two hours were the nice restful kind where you get your good sleep because I could feel the 'blah' the next day.

I got to the Airport early to make sure I was there on time and take into consideration idiot time because I'm an idiot when it comes to following directions properly. Somehow, my idiot reflexes went away as I found the arrival deck pretty quickly. However, we didn't quite leave at that point.

Turns out they'd been put through hell the previous night which had caused the flight delay and Mr. K wanted to file a complaint which was warrented. However, during his complaint time I had to listen to Mrs. K about every minute of their ordeal. Don't get me wrong in that I felt bad for them, but I didn't need a detailed novel about every last second from last night to their arrival. Everyone goes through rough times, but my view is that you should suck it up unless you're asked about it. Thankfully, Mr. K called her in to give a report with the Air Canada supervisor.

After that I went to pick up the van, bring it around and get the Griswold's all packed up. The ride back was the opposite of the ride down for the initial half. I had to turn down the music volume to less that a whisper, McM's sister complain about the hot and then cold fluctuations and then a never ending dinner debate. Eventually Mr.K, being the stand up guy that he is, put his foot down and decided on a little diner off the highway. From there things went a bit smoother. Everyone fell asleep and I was able to turn the music up a little to pass the time.

We arrived back to K-town at about 9pm if my memory serves me correctly and at that point I was done. McM showed up and after a little bit of social exchange with the familia about their trip, we were on our way back to downtown home. I was definately glad to be home. I had a shower and just sat down for what I thought was to be a little downtime. Nope!

Naturally as soon as I get home, everyone decides that they want to get into discussions about the state of affairs of our relationships. I got a little snickity after the crazyness of the day aside form the fact that it seemed to be the same argument I always have with both parties. Needless to say, I wasn't in the mood for it at the time and just shot back as oppose to playing the peacekeeper, which I often do.

No comments: