Sunday, March 27, 2005

From on trip home to another

Well its been one long blur week. Strange thing is that it realy involved no alcohol or distortion causing substances (like Nyquil which will knock you out). Upon waking up last saturday I found myself sufficiently refreshed to make a drive home. I proceeded to get a few things in order to head home for the day and settle up for breakfast. I was too lazy to actually string anything together in the mess that laid remaining from the beiruit invitational, so I decided to end my McDonalds abstinance and just get breakfast there. Matty McMatt was MIA until I got to McDonalds at which point he called and I decided to delay my trip by thirty minutes or so to see if he was in any functional capacity (He has tendency to eat at the Golden King when he's drunk and hate himself the next day). Thankfully there was no golden king but he didn't look like he was in the best shape. Thus I made sure he had some water and then put on Anchorman so he could laugh his way through the pain.

The drive home was pretty relaxing. The three hours just flew by as I had the Phantom OST and Amanda Marshall playin'. No one was present when I got home, so I decided to go shopping at Future Shop. This wasn't one of the best judgements I had made, as it turned into a $150 dollar DVD binge. I was only planning on getting Anchorman, but then saw the Ric Flair DVD set as well as the Eddy Guererro DVD set at FutureShop. In the back of my mind, I said to myself that I realy couldn't get all three. But somewhere else it said shut up and just buy. Thus I did. However, it didn't end there. The same part that said shut up said that I needed the Chris Benoit DVD so I ventured to Best Buy (accross the street) too see if they had it. They did and thus after the hour I had four dvd sets which totalled $150. Man, I have expensive birthday habbits.

Someone was home when I tried again which thankfully ended my birthday shopping. FOr the next little bit, I took care of small items like T4 slips and reading old mail I'd picked up from 94 Division. Turns out there was a $80 cheque there with vacation pay from the now defunct Allie Lou's. Sweet!

My parents, my sister, her boyfriend and myself all went out for dinner at that point. We tried a place called Baton Rouge but it was quite busy so we settled on AppleBee's. I had a Mesquite Steak which was very delicious. I also had an Apple Crisp which was also delicious. I was pretty stuffed at that point. When I got home I just lay there for a little while and went to bed early since I had to pick up the Kirkey's from the Airport in the morning. Then came the next day...

No comments: