Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Saturday!

I can only begin by saying that saturday could quite easily be one of the best days of my life. I knew that it was gonna be one of those weekends that stand out based on the fact that all my friends were in town but never in my wildest dreams would I imagine what awaited me.

I awoke saturday morning at about 9ish thinking that I had to get to the course. Upon making the realization that the course was in our hometown this time (and wouldn't have to drive two hours to another town) I could sleep in. However, my sleeping in was brought to an abrubt halt when I heard a pounding on my door about 30 mins later. It turned out to be Je-Pat who came to our house to poop and use the shower. He was suppose to stay over friday night and was entitled to this so it was alright by me.

I decided since I was up, I might as well get a start on the day and my first task was decided for me based on the absolute disaster zone that my family room had become. There was beer spilt everywhere, bottles all over the place and ice melting on the kitchen floor. Since I knew McM would likely be out cold for a while I decided to give him a hand and clean up the funk. Three 24s later and a whole role of paper towel, the house was partially clean. It's as much as I could do before my tummy called for breakfast. After a bowl of cereal and an orange I started to pack the Gi and get ready for the five hour mash-a-thon.

It was then that I got a call to go to Morrison's for breakfast. I thought to myself that a second breakfast would be fine since the course was an hour or so away. I ordered quite the meal and even though it was full, I was fine and dandy when the course actually rolled around. Man, it was one helluva good time and crazy whooping. I suppose the only downside was that two people got hurt.

I arrived home to shower and clean myself up and make myself pretty for the bar. After getting a call from Mosie about tentative plans for the night, Thumper and I took off for the bar. Upon getting to the bar, I realized I had no money in my wallet and thus needed to head to the banking machine. After convincing Jumpy to head to a bank machine with me, I was on my way. What was awaiting me completely unreal. There was only one of three machines in operation and the man at the machine was some old piss drunk codger (who I think pissed himself) passing out on the machine complaining that the machine screwed him of his money. Just my gawd damn luck! After waiting there for about 15 minutes, one of his more sober friends came by to help him finish his transaction and be on his way. I was ready to shoot someone at this point so thankfully he finished.

After finally arriving at the bar, I sat down to have a delicous Steak dinner which was off the charts. Apparently the chef didn't believe in pre cut steaks so he cuts them fresh of the shank when they're ordered and the deliciuosness was quite evident. Upon finishing dinner I decided to cut into the drinks and start socializing. What happend next would be something I'd never forget for the rest of my life.

I was sitting chatting with Robden and his gal when I was called over by BPIC to a table where Thumper was sitting with High Chief. While walking over I was thinking to myself that they were probably just going to ask me if I was going to teach BPIC's club while they were in calgary. As I sat down, High Chief gave me one of his sinister smiles which always says "You're gonna love this." At this point I was almost certain that they were going to ask me to teach. However, the conversation went as such:

High Chief: (Laughs)
Thumper: T-Bone! What are you doing the 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th?
Myself: Nothing much, why?
Thumper: Well there is a calgary trip as you know and we think you should come.

Thinking this was a way to get out of the montreal trip I fired back:

Myself: Oh no. You're not getting out of montreal that easy. And I've already told you that I can't come to Calgary on account of finances. So you're comming to Montreal!

Thumper: (Pause and look at High Chief) Well... what if I said the expenses of the flight were covered?

Myself: (Pause) (Blink) (Pause) Oh no. I can't let you do that. I might have called you a doo doo head and kindergarden baby, but only wanted you to come to montreal, not this. No way.

Thumper: Well, you're too late as it already been done. BPIC booked the ticket last night.

Myself: (Long Pause)

Thumper: So needless to say now I can't afford to come to montreal. And besides, it wouldn't be the same without you.

I realy couldn't form any more words at that point. No one, save for my parents, had ever done anything that nice for me in my entire life. I was just a stunned bunny at that point. [I will add here, that I love the three of you for putting this together for me. Nothing could mean more to me than to take money out of your pocket, just to have me there. Thank you].

After hugging everyone for a solid two or three minutes, I proceeded back to socialize. I was having trouble gaining my composure for a good half and hour though. Eventually I would get it back and proceed to celebrate with the b-day boy. A shot here, a car bomb there and I was on my way.

I awaited for my university buddies to get in touch with me for about an hour or so but would never get that call. Thus it was time to take matters into my own hands. I decided to go to one of the possible mentioned destinations, the elixer, at about 1 am. Thankfully I ran into an acquaintance who knew most of my friends and thus confirmed that I was in the right spot. I paid my $5, chastized Mosie for not calling me and then proceeded to dance it up. It might entertain you to know that someone tried to pick a fight with me because I wouldn't let him randomly dance with one girl who was hanging out with the crowd. However, I managed to avoid that situation. The night winded down with us heading out leaving Mosie to hang out with DQ5000 which was a fitting punishment for not calling. [I don't like DQ5000 because she has done nothing but be a bitch to my best friend and ate pizza that I bought for her only to insult me after without thanking me. I wish I had more phone books].

The night concluded with some of us heading to Denny's for some dessert. It was a good time overall but everyone was falling asleep. I couldn't figure out how these people, who hadn't gone through a hellish five hour course, were tired. Perhaps it was because I was drunk. Je-Pat fell asleep on me after having his dessert so I ended up paying for him. All is well that ends well. I got home that night at about 430 only to realized that I had to be up for 9 am to train again. How wonderful.

As you can see, it was a pretty zanny day.

1 comment:

-Matt said...

hahahah Drama Queen!