Thursday, December 30, 2004

Resolutions

It's what everyone does at this time of year. With the new year brings new hope, new goals and new propects. I have never been one to be different from this. Always looking for something new and bold to wish and conquer. This year wil be a bit different as it will be a time where I'm gonna aim to let go.

Now, most of you reading this know me and have known my past and while it may stem from certain events, this is more an attempt to fix the big picture.

My favourite movie is and has always been the Princess Bride. It's an epic story about a fairy tale land where good battles evil and in the end, true love prevails. It's something I've always wanted for myself and something to share with others. So much so that in the past, I've pushed so hard (believing I was fighting for an ultimate sense of happiness) that I've just created awkward and tense situations.

So my resolution? I think I'm gonna let that part of me take a rest for a while. Quit pushing so hard trying to realize something that may not even exist, except for in movies. The best part about this is that it will allow me to focus energy back into real life where things actually count.

1 comment:

-Matt said...

I don't do resolutions! They're a crock!

But McZout, I'm pleased to hear your new resolution!

B/t/w, bring man-pants to Ubër-beirut-fest on New Year's Eve!