Sunday, December 26, 2004

A long awaited update

Holy Smokes! Days just zoom by through the holidays. Somehow X-mas is over and it's already boxing day. Hopefully, everyone has scored some awesome holiday deals and will have a story about how SICKLY busy the mall is today.

This time last week, I was getting back from the club instructor course which was sweet. There were eight dans present each day and about ten or so dark blue and aboves. It was awesome training aside from the fact that I'm now entitled to open my own club!!!! I was also fortunate enough to train with Benjo once again and was reminded of why it was I was intimidated of him. None the less it was still good to see him and felt very privileged to be there when he got his hakama.

Things concluded and from there at which point made the journey home. I was very tired after enduring the weekend of training and classroom teaching and just went to bed directly after dinner. I think I slept thirteen hours that night but it was well worth it as I woke up brand new the next morning.

Monday and Tuesday I spent cleaning up the house and visiting family. I have come to the conlusion that after about an hour of conversation that the subject of a movie should be brought up as it ties up the void of nothing to do quite nicely.

Wednesday, I picked up Sparxx and we were off to visit Thumper! His place is a palace. He and J scored huge on that deal because it's gorgeous. Definately gonna have to make another visit someday.
The events of the day consisted of having a delicious thai curry dish for lunch, watching jitsu video, catching a few movies and just chillin. Overall good times.

Thursday was one nutty day. I was orginally suppose to have lunch with Fin after he got into K-town and then head out at about four in the afternoon. Needless to say the weather changed those plans. Fin's connecting flight to K-town was cancelled and the traffic in TO was crazy so plans to head home were delayed. However things picked up from there. McM and myself watched Alien vs. Predator (after a short power outage hiatus) and did some x-mas shopping at the LCBO for various wines and scotches. After concluding this, we were informed that Fin had decided to catch a bus from the airport and it was arriving at seven. I took a nap for an hour and awoke an hour later to head of to pick up the bloke. We got there a bit early and thus decided to get coffee at Timmy's. This was definately a good move as it was FREEZING outside at this point and I was falling asleep pretty damn quickly. Eventually we got Fin and headed over to the Fin mansion for dinner. We had a delicious pork roast and some potato thing which was also excellent. After that we hit up some beiruit and family guy. The evening concluded with a trip the McDics for some cheeseburgers. It was at this juncture where one of the best pieces of knowledge came to my attention. When ordering a cheeseburger, you can ask for it to be dressed like a Mac. This Jr Mac is delicious and makes for more Mac goodness through future weeks. The night ended shortly after as Fin was dead tired as were the rest of us.

Drove home Christmas Eve Day morning and arrived home midday. The rest of the day was spent cleaning and wrapping gifts (which takes time if you want to do it well). Though I've decided that it's not realy worth the time only for someone to rip into it the next day. Thus, I will only wrap items well if they'll stay wrapped for a solid week. That way everyone can enjoy a quality wrapping job.

X-mas day came and went. Usual stuff happend. Had breakfast, open gifts, and had dinner with the family. The best gift, hands down, had to be an 80s retro tee with Sonic the Hedgehog on it. I'll definately be sporting that come new years time. There is one gift I recieved which is somewhat questionable which is an italian charm bracelet. My mother gave it to me with a 'Love Mom' charm and an 'Allergy alert' charm so it makes sense to wear it but I'm not quite sure whether guys can get away with that type of thing. Comments on this would be appreciated so I can figure out what to do with it.

My dad purchased a new 26" television at the Best Buy Boxing day sale. I was going to go with him to help him acquire it but decided to sleep instead. He was none the less still sucessful and got the last one. I returned to the gym today for the first time in a week long hiatus and will continue to hit it hard from now on (as everyone likes to point out that I've put on weight since thanksgiving).

I'm planning on heading back to K-town on friday for a little New Year's Bash and so I can get back into school mode. Thus is you have nothing to do that night, get in touch with me and we'll jam.


1 comment:

-Matt said...

Wear the allergy-alert bracelt. What happens if you get into an accident and they need to rub you down with peanut oil? Or have to give you an almond-bark IV???

You forgot to mention that I bent nature to my will in order to stop you from leaving Kingston. Unfortunately it got out of control and I shut down South-Eastern Ontario. But these things happen...

Merry Christmas Zouty mcZout!