Tuesday, December 14, 2004

From one step to the next

Sparxx is comming back for X-mas this year and is per usual with me I was ready to break out all the bells and whistles for her, making it memorable as only I can. The only problem with this is that I was recently reminded by McM what happend last time I decided to follow this path.

(Rewind here)

About a year and a bit ago I fall for Sparxx. Not a huge problem as I've had crushes before and can deal with them like a big boy. Aside from this, there's another guy who she wants to be with. She's an adult though and can make her own decisions. Things move on this way until November when certain incidents happen letting me know that feelings of equal (or greater?) magnitude are felt by the other party. Problem is, she's still with the other guy.

Cue biggest drama of the year. I decide that its time to be bold and make a stand for the one girl I've ever wanted. How did I choose to do this? By purchasing the one perfect x-mas gift that made the most sense to give her. (This gift shall be referred to as The Gift). The only thing holding me back was the immense cost which would end up setting me back until April of that month. McM catches wind of my plans and scolds me on how ridiculous this is. Fin thinks the idea is brilliant and fully supports a fight for the girl by this course. In the end I make the purchase and decide to be balls out about this thing.

It's delayed in shipping time and ends up delayed past x-mas. To me this seems like a sign and I'm deciding whether this is the appropriate action. In somewhat of a twist of fate though, during a very huge lag phase in Sparxx's relationship, The Gift arrives. At this point it seems like all the stars had aligned and I figure its time. I end up giving it to her and we spend part of the night together discussing things. School gets in the way though and cuts things short. Not five days removed though, I find out (from a third party) that things have been sorted out on the other side and that she's going with the other guy. Nothing has ever twisted me up inside as that night. Nothing.

The big kick though is that The Gift was never returned (which all third parties agreed it should have been given her decision). In the end, I agree, no matter how much I cared for her.

(Fade away from flashback)
She's back now for all of two days and all I want to do if forget about this and have the time of my life with her. Not too sure if that's gonna happen though because it still stings. As I mentioned before, I want to just forget about it but is it the type of thing you should forget. McM will say no and others will remain silent. This puzzle is a million fold the size of the last I just put together but I have to put it together fast. An entry for another day.

5 comments:

Drewjitsu said...

Boss....
http://www.laddertheory.com
AND
http://niceguy.dearingfilm.com

You'll see why that gifts, etc, etc never get you the response that you really wanted.

Stop being such a sucka.

--Anders.

Drewjitsu said...

Like what he said, but with more tact.

--Anders.

-Matt said...

The last thing in the world she deserves is tact.

-Matt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
-Matt said...

As for the aggression, there's no compensation for the total package Markypoo.

I will state this for all: Mess with me, I'll be pissed. Mess with ANY of my friends and I will cut you down. I don't care if you're the pope. You fuck with my friends, you deal with me. My friends may forget, but I never will.

People need to take that page from my book.