Tuesday, September 26, 2006

One fun course; One Sore day

Well I think I've finally done it in that during this lag period of waiting for employers to consider my hat for their trade, I have physically run myself into the ground. In my previous post, I had mentioned my knees were getting a little worn out especially after the body Jam class. That being the case, I decided not to do any major physical activity on saturday to rest up me knees for the sunday course.

This seemed to work as I'd planned as there was no major performance issues or pain in relation to them. However, possibly as a result of the green and above course being 90% browns and Dans, I was overall physically done at the conclusion of the course. Yesterday, my body reminded me of this as, after hanging out in Peterborough after the course and driving home in the morning, my body went into a stasis lock. There was little energy to do anything except get a meal or so. Today, things are better, but I still think I'm going to take it easy and let the recovery process take its full course.

What to do in the meantime though is the big question? Maybe, lots of guitar practice.

Closing Comments:
- Stupid B minor requiring perfect finger positioning. Who made up such an archaic chord.
- Enjoying the song 'Maneater' by Nelly Furtado and 'It ends tonight' by the All American Rejects. There's also a cover out of the 'Monster Mash' by Mannheim Steamroller; Must be for halloween.
- Texas Holdem sucks when you get no over cards for 12 - 13 hands in a row. I need to win, not convince people that my 3 and 7 can dominate all.
- Speaking of which, the pseudo tournament that I went to was a fun little social event. I might hold some events like that if I ever get to Vancouver.
- Prison Break delivered up another solid episode. Though more people should have died as splitting five million six ways instead of two would suck. That was not a spoiler.

Current Song: Mannheim Steamroller - Monster Mash
Current Mood: Anxious

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was such an awesome course, but I was such a zombie for most of it. Afterwards I had enough energy to grab some chips and chat with Thumper on the drive home, toss my now very gross gi on a chair and fall into bed.

But it was one of the best courses I've ever been to, and thank you for the help here and there.


The remaining non-Dan/brown 10%,
Jennifer

Drewjitsu said...

Poker isn't a question of what you've got. It's a question of what your opponent has (or thinks you have).

--Anders.