Sunday, September 03, 2006

The goose has landed

To begin, I relize the saying is that the eagle has landed but goose sounded funnier to me. Leave it to me to change a good saying for silly reasons.

My tenure in the wall has finally come to an end and I have now returned back to te golden horseshoe of brampton. We had found out tuesday that we would be let off that day and after a bittersweet farewell, I made my way home to 1430 for the very last time. I proceeded to begin packing up the rest of my belongings that were out and acquired a trolly to cart all items between my apartment and the car. The rest of the day was spent packing things into the civic (which can be a challenge) and finding some sort of dinnner. After finishing the next day, I then made some goodbyes and said farewell to Cornwall for the very last time. Truth be told, it was a very strange feeling as you get a custom to many things about a place of living and seeing an empty apartment that you've lived in can throw you off a little.

I spent the next few days in Kingston seeing friends and getting a few little tasks done. It was orginally suppose to be a day in Kingston but I found out on the first day that I was there that a buddy was moving the next day and needed help moving and thus I extended my stay. Overall this might have been a mistake and I would end up pulling a muscle carrying his giganumbous TV down three flights of stairs. I have never cursed an object so much as I have that day. I've also never eaten so much food as I did that day. My goodness (my guinness!) does moving make you hungry.

I returned home this past friday even though I wanted to stay in Kingston amongst all the people, the culture, the diversity and not to mention, the incredibly attractive women (100x fold more so than the ladies of the Wall). But we can't all be spoiled all of our lives. I havn't done much since getting home except for unpack some of the majority of my stuff. I was about to start studying for my exam when family came over and that shot those plans to hell. I'd forgotten how loud west indian families can be. Oh yes, my parents also labelled me fat which I thought was insulting as I do more in a day than they do in a week in terms of activity. Irritating.

Closing Comments:
- Must attempt to be even less dramatic about the subject of blog posts. Stick more to self and less to others.
- New song of the month is Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. I'd heard this before somewhere and it's now been released as a single. I also enjoy that new song by the Dixie Chicks.
- Saw Crank last night which is a very fast paced movie. The effect though is good as it adds to the story, which in and of itself is ridiculous if one thinks about it.
- Two weeks til my last exam for a long time. Such a strange feeling.

Current Song: None
Current Mood: Refreshed

No comments: