Sunday, September 10, 2006

Livin the homelife

Well since FoxTV has rooked me and put American Dad in the TV spot that family guy use to be in, I have chosen to take this time and throw in an entry.

Life is pretty chill these days being at home. It's nice to be able to sleep in everyday. That coupled with the healthy eating makes for some excellent training in this down time.

When I'm not training though, my time is otherwise spent marginally studying and watching TV. In the past I have not been a huge TV junky, but seeing as how I only know a handful of people in brownzmania, there are a few more shows that I tune into these days.

Of course there are the usuals such as prison break, simpsons and family guy but now I've added Rockstar Supernova, Celebrity Duets and So you think you can dance (the tryouts at least) to that list. It's pretty lame I know as I should be focussing the majority of my time on work but truthfully, its entertaining stuff.

I was down in K-town for a day which made for some good times. Played a game of Texas Holdem with some of the jitsu crowd which turned out to be quite the fun game. I am still quite bitter that I lost a hand which saw me with pocket kings and go down. The one time I get a spectacular pocket pair, someone else has a better one. Bah. I also still hate the river.

I also attended the grease pole for the first time in my run of seven orientation weeks. It was definately neat to see as I've never been to one. It was also a reminder of how old I've gotten as Munro and I were among the handful of 04s present.

There's quite a bit of contemplation time spent while I linger at home. While the majority of it is looking towards the exam and a west end future, some is spent thinking of trinkets that I will soon be able to afford and would like to get.

So far that list consists of:
- Food (good food. The delicious kind)
- A new laptop (I've been surviving on a PIII 667 for too long now)
- More Texas Holdem (Yeah disposable income!)
- Likely an IPod
- Some type of Video Game system (PS3?)

Naturally, its all treats as no one plans for the stuff they have to take into account for budgeting like insurance and rent. That stuff will get taken care of but I'll enjoy the items mentioned more.

Time for family guy.

1 comment:

Drewjitsu said...

Wii

end of story

--Anders.