Friday, September 22, 2006

We're still waiting

There is no word in the english dictionary than can describe this feeling inside of being done all the school portion of my program and now moving to being on the cusp of starting into the job world. Deep down there is a satisfaction, a relief, a fear and some anticipation.

For all those who are curious (which seems to be everyone these days), I had called VGH last week to see what the latest update was on me working for them. The response which I recieved was that they were deliberating and would have an answer for me by October 1st. Now, while in the end, I understand that this how the 'real world' of jobs go, it is absolutly killing me waiting for a response. There is no more big exam to occupy my thoughts and in this wait all I can do is all the little tasks that get left behind.

In the end, it's good to get around to all the little things such as getting my guitar fixed. That being said, the little things arn't that exciting and bring only the minimal joy of knowing they're out of the way. However, I'd rather be getting myself ready for a job mainly due to the debt factor pressing upon me like a lead weight. So goes life.

On a lighter note, I did one of those female dominated classes today in an attempt to put myself in a woman's shoes when they do weights among the men. The end result had me completely stepping on my own feet in a Body Jam class likely looking like an idiot. I'm sure most of that was in my head but its always interesting to note how difficult something can be that others make look easy. The next class is in a week and I may or may not go. There were many an attractive woman in attendence which presents much motivation for me to step on my feet again.

The Z-BOT tour is being cancelled for now due to lack of finances. I was hoping to be employed by VGH and have a travel allowance alloted to me which I could have used for such a trip but since none of that has come through, there can be no trip. I will still be attending the course on sunday though to get some jitsu back into me.

Closing comments:
- The past episode of Prison Break was awesome.
- Gradually getting back into the guitar one chord at a time.
- So you're reading someone's blog purposely not leading on that you know about it. What is it in the end that you're waiting for?
- I've once again run my knees into a great deal of soreness. I need to rest but running is one of my only daily satisfactions. What's a man to do?
- How dumb can one man be to cheat on a very practical exam? And how much more foolish are you to get caught.
- I very much enjoy the new John Mayer album. Solid from top to bottom. The new Timberlake album leaves much to be desired though. It's not bad; it's just not as good as people make it out to be.

Current Song: Justin Timberlake - What goes around.../...Comes around (one of the few good songs)
Current Mood: Impatient

No comments: