Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Halloween has come and Gone

Well, in the past few days there have been five adjectives thrown my way which are lazy, un-cooperative, unmotivated, controlling and over dominant. How did it arrive to this point? Well, let's recap.

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at the hospital are relatively quiet. Not much to do as a student and as such, I spend some time just sitting around and helping where I can. When CT crashes and everyone shuffles into the one little staff room, I decide that day that it would be beneficial to leave early. I ask one of the higher techs if I can go and based on the response, "If I didn't see you go, I can't tell anyone you left.", I decide to head out early. Yesterday, I'm met with complaints of just slacking off, being lazy and being unmotivated in the x-ray department. Normally that wouldn't bother me but when it shows up on an evaluation which count towards my marks, I got a little PO'd.

On the weekend, I drive up to Kingston to see the Woman as well as get some Jitsu in and party it up at the Pimpass Paradise for Halloween. Thinking I was being assertive, I lay out plans for the day and how things should run to be efficient. The Paradise, got cleaned, costumes got bought, partying was done and all seemed to go well for the weekend. Last night, I'm told I'm controlling and looking for everything to be my way. The wonderful thanks I recieve for comming down to Kingston.

Today I'm asking myself how I can attempt to do so much and yet have the little faults nit picked out of the basket. Of course I'm not perfect but can the ratio of compliments be equal to that of complaints or am I asking too much?

In the face of all this, I still managed to do somewhat decently on my test today. It was pretty tough and overall was one of those tests one can't realy study for because its all applied knowledge. In the end, I'm glad I didn't waste too much time behind the notes since it was this type of test.

Closing thoughts:
- What?
- RA has a new place which I need to make a point of visiting sometime soon
- Skeleton Key has a pretty clever little ending
- The WWE product is getting stale. No Canada, no Charisma and no Christian.
- Some sweet DVDs are hitting the shelves for Christmas. Simpsons season 7, Wrestlemania Anthology and Family Guy Volume 3 are all on my list
- Still luvin the new wheels. They're pretty sweet.
- Got my map of Vancouver and have started the ball into motion

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sometimes life hands you lemons. There are worse shoes than your own. You're playing the martyr.

Kevin, I'm crazy about you, even with a couple little faults. God, who doesn't have them. If I don't tell you how amazing you are often enough that's a different issue altogether, and I'm sorry! What do you need? What do you want? I can't read your mind.

I definitely appreciated you coming to Kingston. Should I have said or done more? Would it have been a fair trade-off for your coming to Kingston that I withold some unsettling feelings inside?

Making this work requires honesty and communication. I don't think you would want me to hold everything inside, that's why I decided to say something. Maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong, but when you say something from the heart, the last thing you need is to be cut off.

Later on I was left to discover that it was more important to portray the situation from your perspective to the world through a blog, rather than to directly address me, with whom the conflict originated. Aren't I the person who cares most about this, whose trust, emotions and love hangs on the line? Yet I'm left to read about why it angered you so much through your blog.

Just talk to me.

Anonymous said...

What were you for Hallowe'en?