Monday, November 14, 2005

The winds of change

In a second, I'll likely have some more chocoloate frozen yogurt but before then I'll racap the events of the past couple days as they've been to every extreme of the emotion spectrum.

I was completely jacked to head into kingston this weekend and ottawa following that as it'd be just four days of jitsu fun and another oppurtunity to see the woman. After finishing off work a little early, I headed back home quickly for a smoothie and to pick up my sleeping bag. It was a good thing I had forgotten something to pick up as it turned out I'd left my insurance slip at home as well. Thus, I stopped myslef from driving illegally for another weekend.

Training on the thursday was quite good until Benjo started his techniques. Initially, I found some of his striking techniques to be quite fun but things got a bit brutal when I got smacked in the head and started seeing stars for a good five seconds. That was when it went a bit overboard for me and I was quite reluctant to train with Benjo after that. It was more mental than anything as I didn't feel like being smacked in the head again as it was quite unpleasant.

Friday, I spent the day with the woman for the most part and getting general tasks done around kingston. I missed the day time training which was unfortunate but got to the evening training which was good as High Chief was there as well as a few other guest instructors. Overall, the training was very good as the pace was fast and the intensity was pretty high too. Overall a nice lead into provincials. The social that night was quite good and for the most part consisted of me stuffing my face with Mexi Quesidillas at the Brew Pub. It was quite the feast and left me wanting my bed. As such, I decided to tap in favour of this, especially with training the next day.

Saturday morning, I awoke fairly early to make breakfast for the instructor guests along with J-Bun. After proding her for a constant fifteen minutes to wake up, we began the breakfast making ordeal. We had been trucking along quite well into cooking process when I was delivered some rather upsetting news. Without actually getting into the details (as I was requested to keep it to myself), it was not the easiest thing to hear. But, it re-doubled my pancake making effort in hopes that it might overshadow some of the gloom. It did work well though as everyone was pleasantly suprised and raved about how fantastic and nice it was.

Everyone then proceeded to load up and start on their seperate ways to ottawa. I went by myself (since I was only going one way), sped like a maniac and arrived about 15 minutes earlier than everyone else. It turned out to be a postive thing though as I was able to get a few glasses of water into me and have a light snack before training.

Training that day was fairly intense as was to be expected on the first day. We learned a new version of osoto-otoshi which I don't think I'll even learn in practice as it seems slightly archaic. I also managed to tear my pants in the crotchal region after throwing one of the more bear like brown belts. Overall, it wasn't too embassing a story as I'd just done the technique so carefully that I'd split my pants. No biggie other than the fact that I need to get a pair of pants in time for the gradings in two and three weekends from now.

The social that night was wickedly crazy. It started off with dinner at the Elgin Street Dinner where I proceeded to fill my guts with a burger and a heavy poutine. Once I'd done that and chatted a little bit with everyone who was there we headed to the Oz café. Now I must say, that I've been to the Oz café in the past and had a great time but most of the time I just chalked that up to the people and the specific event we might be celebrating. However, after walking in and being greeted by the owner personally (by name) after six months of not being there, it became one of my favourite bars period.

The social that night was very fun as can be expected and consisted of lots of booze, socializing, improv comedy sketches, black pepper shapes, cheesecakes, dancing and likely several other items I'm forgetting. Needless to say, I didn't get to sleep that night until about 5am which was a bit silly on my part. No one ever said I was the smartest tool in the shed.

I was suprisingly very alert for a guy who had poutine for dinner, filled his body with alcohol and gotten little sleep the previous night. Thankfully training was taken down a notch as well from the previous day. I did end up cutting out early that day though to drop Benjo off at the airport. At this point I was very nostalgic and sad to see him go and let it go that he'd slightly concussed me. So long as there's no permanent damage, I'm cool with things.

I hung around ottawa a while not wanting to drive home in my semi delirious and tired state but would eventually leave to return home. I almost fell asleep on half a dozen occasions which makes me wish I'd had a DD but all is well that ends well since I arrived home in one piece.

Between last night and this morning though, I've been met with a bit more of unfortunate news with the passing of one of my wrestling favourites, Eddie Guerrero, and my cousin's bunny (who she loved very much). That along with everything else this week has me in a bit of a spell about how quickly things can change. Things can happen so fast and change your take on life very radically so quick and so easily.

Closing thoughts:
- Need sleep desperately
- I think it's the addition of Wheat Germ to my diet that has sustained me this weekend and may become more permanent in my diet.
- I bought a new Aragorn action figure and I like it. I may buy more to go with it.
- The new Bret Hart DVD comes out tommorrow. I will likely get it at some point.
- 'Patience'. It was like an eternal truth written in the sand as I staired at it.

Current Song: Backstreet Boys - I still ...
Current Mood: Tired and Reflective

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You come all the way to Ottawa. And dont even think of me. :(

Oh wait, I think I was in Kingston!

Anonymous said...

I thought of the Zout when I was in the Wall!

Anonymous said...

What do you mean bear-like? You sir are mistaken.