Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I had spaghetti for dinner tonight

The past two days have seen some intense physical and mental recovery. After comming back from provincials sleep deprived and beat up, I proceeded through a draining seven days straight of work. It would have only been five but I moved my weekend up early so I could attend the Queen's grading.

I would have liked it to have only been five as I awoke saturday morning feeling the complete drain of the past couple days. Somehow though, I made it through the weekend. Thankfully weekend shifts are slow since the hospital only works in an 'emergency state', otherwise there would have been major problems. It's safe to say getting through normal cases was difficult enough.

At the end, I came home staired at my computer monitor for half an hour without doing anything at which point I crawled into bed and faded out of existence for another hour. I was out of it for another half day or so before returning to a somewhat normal mode.

J-Bun was down during my monday off and had to deal with my half day of mental abscence but dealt with it with smiles. The rest of the day we just spent watching TV and snacking on chocolate. She was suppose to leave yesterday at 5 to get stuff done at home but decided to stay overnight since we were having such a good time.

I get a 3 day work schedule this week which is nice and will place little strain on my body compared to last week. I'm also at the slower site which is nice. I'll be in ottawa for the brown grading and additional ottawa grading. I'm looking forward to it as gradings are much more fun when there is no stress on you.

I'm currently making some x-mas and new years plans since I only get about 8 days off or so. Thus I must efficietize it all and see as many folk as I can. Just for those wondering, I get the 22nd off til the 3rd of jan so gimme a shout if you want do something.

No major closing thoughts. I'll save the one's I have for next post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to comment and invite you to my home for a visit during the holidays. Perhaps you could bring your SO. But not that guy I don't like. Or that other guy who's a major ass.