Thursday, November 24, 2005

The definition of a hero

With a week and a bit almost past since the passing of Eddie Guerrero, I still find myself reflecting on his life and how good a man he was to so many people. I had discussed this with J-Bun during the weekend and came to the conclusion that he, among a select few, were real heros to me as they did good things with their lives everyday for as many people as they could. Those are the people who I strived to be like on a daily basis and would thank God if I could even come close. For those wondering a couple of the names that came up were:

- Eddie Guerrero
- Chris Brooks
- My Parents
- Mr and Mrs Kirkey
- Ryan Allen
- Bret 'The Hitman' Hart (I'm not greedy for money, I'm greedy for respect)
- Eduardo Barron

- Optimus Prime (Ficticious)
- Aragorn (Ficticious)

There were likely others that should be on the list and it is by no stretch complete. But in a world where we don't acknowledge the good people enough, I thought it was only fair to make mention of those people who have given me a standard of quality to shoot for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan Allen is truly an excellent choice. If more people were like him, the world would not only be friendlier and more willing to give of themselves - it would be more tech saavy. ;) Another vote for Ryan over here - both a scholar AND a gentleman.

A vote to you too, Kevin - few people have the integrity and moral character that you do. Your only failing perhaps is that you're TOO nice of a person, and some people will take advantage of that, but thankfully not everyone. Don't ever forget to give yourself a pat on the back - if only you could see how you look to others, you would see that you are one of those people that other people strive to emulate.

-C.