Monday, February 21, 2005

The swords have been laid down

And so, the great battle of our time came to a somewhat anti-climatic conclusion on saturday ending a week long strife. The reason for the lack of drama ending came from the sage words of Natasha who identified that we were at a point where we were simply arguing about what one person said in response to some previous statement and were not actaully bringing up the stem of the original conflict. Upon actually doing so, the real problem (which was silly) was identified and apologies were made. Thus, we decided to resume things back to normal and get somewhat inebriated with some Beiruit. Mosie also popped in for a cameo visit which was sweet.

I've watched five movies this weekend and found one word to describe each of them.

Saw- Twisted
Ong-Bak - Intense
Sideways - Divine
Phantom of the Opera - Brilliant
Ladder 49 - Moving

It's not often you watch five flicks and they all turn out to be good.

Sunday, McM, RA and myself all attended a Daytona 500 party at the residence of RA's boss. I've never been into Nascar but was allured by the promise of a large feast. RA was not kidding when he said there would be scores of food. There was chili, Meatballs, Veggies, cupcakes, cake, Feta Paté and a host of other items. And with that, my diet went out the window for the day.

There was one girl at the Daytona party who seemed familiar but knew I'd never met. Towards the end of the race, I somewhat put my finger on it in that this girl reminded me of a dream I'd had quite a while back (grade 9). She seemed quite young so that might be why it struck up a memory from that time frame though what got me was that I still remember a dream that much later. Amazing what the mind keeps in vault.

I've been thinking I might make an entry similar to McMs about the ideal girl but that may take some time since I'm more for personality. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: