Monday, February 07, 2005

Super Bowl Bonanza!

Last night was the superbowl and while I've never been any type of football fan, I was invited to a super bowl bash and thus decided to partake. The main lure of this endevor were the muchies provided to me from the Griswolds but other than that I also enjoy the antics of the Griswold's and thus had another reason to go.

Overall, it was good times. Mrs. G made a WHOLE wack of appertizers which included a veggie platter, nachos with two types of dip, shrimp ring, bowl of nuts, chips and a crackers plate. I couldn't believe it. I was in snack heaven and dug in very quickly anticipating that others would soon arrive and also demolish these delicious foods. I was soon to learn though that other than the Griswold family and a selection of the McM clique, we would be all the invitees. I could not believe it. There was a mass of food to the seven or eight of us.

The game itself began and amidst watching it and trying to decipher the rantings of Mr. G, I found the game pretty entertaining. I wasn't rooting for anyone, as I knew nothing about football but always like the idea of a team competing to be the best.

The half time show was terrible. I realy can't figure out how they couldn't find anyone better than Paul McCartney. I mean honestly, I can understand the network's point of view and trying to find something more family oriented but this was just boring. I found the fireworks more entertaining than the preformer. The only thing that excited me at this point was the prospect of dinner.

Dinner was awesome too. Not only was their delicious lasagna but also delicious sausage. Delicious! Because, everything Mrs. G makes is delicious, the food went down fast than Paris Hilton with... well, whatever guy she's with. From there we proceeded to the second half of the game.

I could barely sit at this point as I'd filled every inch of my stomach with food and thus I layed down for the second half. The game was close and in the end made for an exciting ending although, the eagles seemed to throw the game somewhat. However, I could be wrong. Postgame, Mrs. G served us lemon maringue pie. I realy shouldn't have eaten more but I did anyways because it looked fantastic.

After this we watched the Simpsons and American Dad which wern't that great but made for a satisfactory end to the night. We departed from the Griswold's all full to the Brim and ready for bed. As soon as I got home I hit the bed like a Brick. If only I could eat like that all my life.

Current Song: Jennifer Lopez - Get Right (who knew such an annoying beat could produce a somewhat decent song)

2 comments:

-Matt said...

It was Banana Cream pie, McZout.

Anonymous said...

I especially enjoyed the small banana chunks.

It's time to play the Game!

-- RJA