Sunday, November 28, 2004

I still don't believe it

Well it's done and I realy can't believe it has past. I've been anticipating this for the last two months and been psyching myself up for it. Yet, its a fact and I've got the soreness and the belt to prove it. It's actually quite shocking how quickly eight hours of intense jitsu can just pass by in the blink of an eye. Yet there it was, one Queen's grading, One Brown Grading and one Ottawa Grading, I stood at the top of the line and heard Andy Dobie Sensei call my name and say "Kevin, 1st Kyu". It actually happend because I actually have the belt to prove it. Though in the end it just feels like a dream because it's the one thing all jitsuka dream about. That moment will stand in my memory for the rest of time.

I was proud of the Queen's guys and gals this year. Everyone showed a lot of heart and determination through what was definately a tough grading.

A different era of T-Boneism is about to commence but it could not have been without all of the keyplayers who have been with me, both on and off the mats, through my jitsu chronicals. Everyone knows who they are so I won't get into naming individuals. (Mainly because there's so many bloody people). This is definately a moment to savour and hope that I never wake up from this dream.

No comments: