Monday, April 24, 2006

The nature of comments

I have noticed for a while that compared to most people's blogs, there are very few comments left on my blog and I was wondering whether this was because I in turn rarely comment or are my stories just not comment worthy. I'll leave it up to peoples feedback (whether it be here or in person)

This week has been another slow one compared to what the few who read this may be used to. I've been working out a lot and eating as best I can. Overall, the last week has shown some gains which will hopefully continue. Training has kept my mind off over analyzing everything and kept me in a forward mode. It's a very tangible positive and keeps things on the plus side because of this.

In another rant, while preparing a student handbook for next year's cornwall bound students, I have come to the conclusion that women are way more self conscious of how they look than men. When it came to taking bio photos, I met very little resistance from men, contrasted to complete arguments from all the women. I realy couldn't understand it, especially given the fact that the pictures were for a good reason (IE. not just for albums and frames). What have I learned overall from this? Be very careful of taking a woman's picture; they may try to break your camera afterwards.

Concluding thoughts:
- The goo goo dolls have a new album out which is pretty good. Other artists of note include The Stars and Tim McGraw. Yeah, I didn't think I'd ever like country music either.
- Look for Zout/T-Bone a lot less in the near future. Gas costs have shot right through the roof and its especially time to save these days. Sorry Skimpy.
- So far May plans are just to go home for Victoria Day. Sounds good to me.
- You can find me in K-Town on exchange from May26th-Jun11th.
- While working the weekend shift this weekend, I watched a pretty interesting video about the evidence in existence about 9/11 being staged. Truth be told, there's quite a bit of it. The most interesting and evident was that a building on fire will not collapse as fast as the two main buildings did, nor would they do so in the manner they did. There's tonnes more though.

Current Song: The Stars - Your Ex-Lover is Dead
Current Mood: A little bored

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First: Your stories are awesome and absolutely comment worthy, but I tend to leave my comments to the privacy of your msn. :)

Second: What about taking a woman's picture when she's tanked? I personally know someone who happens to think she's the hottest sh!t alive when she's sloshed, and will happily pose for any camera. *cough*

Third: Booo...I'm sorry you can't make the party. Gas *is* ridiculously expensive. I might pass through K-town while you're there, though.

Fourth: That was soooo my song. :P

Fifth: You are a wonderful friend.

-Skimpy

Unknown said...

First: A lot of people do bring up my posts during casual conversation. You do have a point.

Second: Getting my fellow colleagues tanked at work might not fly so well. And this person who you have mentioned is definately way too vain. *Cough*

Third: Why is gas so expensive. Wasn't the planned 9-11 attack suppose to lower the price of oil?

Fourth: Finders keepers, losers weepers.

Fifth: Right back at ya.

T-Bone

Anonymous said...

Excellent. I was planning on painting the kitchen over the Victoria Day w/e. Do I have a volunteer (since I am doubtful that I can reach the ceiling)?

Gas prices are high, because crude oil prices are/remain high. Part of it is due to speculators in the markets. But it isn't just the middle east tensions keeping prices high. Places like Nigeria supply quite a bit of crude oil globally. Factions like MEND are a threat to this production.

The other thing is that light sweet crude is easily convertible into gasoline. Heavy oil is not. There is more heavy oil available than the light sweet kind.

I've emailed you an interesting article about the Alberta oil sands which will have an abundant supply of heavy oil.

Nadine