Friday, April 07, 2006

"If you're going through hell... keep going"

Well it has been a while since I've posted but as I mentioned briefly in my last post, things have been busy and a little trying. In respect to the latter statement though, I'm going to omit all events pertaining to it as its a huge long rant and it realy dosn't have a place here.

The last time I posted was my b-day weekend ventures, which come to think of it was a realy long time ago. I suppose the first incident which followed that was another return to Kingston for the Queen's grading. Overall the grading was an intense one and came close to rivaling my own dark blue grading in respect to what Jumpy had to go through. In the end he went the distance and got what he deserved for a long time (bloody english brutes). I should note that I had managed the Jam my wrist pretty early on in the grading but would persevere with some help from epinepherine (adrenalin). There was a memorable social afterwards in which a lot of people got drunk, inclunding myself. There was also a lot of social nonsense. That was also memorable.

That weekend I drove home once again for my grandmother's b-day. Initially I wasn't going make the journey home, but would eventually get past the distance factor and realize that making it home was more important than gas money. Upon arriving home, I mustered enough energy to stay up for my grandmother's ceremony at church and then some socializing with the family. After that I hit the bed and napped for four hours. The whole staying up til 5 and then driving home for three hours had caught up to me. In fact, I only managed to get myself up to get some food and shower before heading back to bed. The next morning I would then wake up for breakfast before making the drive home.

The following week would see me spending most of my time on the Queen's Slideshow and overseeing the rest of the Semi. The Slideshow took a couple days to come up with something good, especially given the short notice and lacking quantity of media, but I think I eventually came up up with something good. By the time all was said and done, it was quickly friday again and I was booting for Kingston again.

Friday I taught with Mr. Bus which was a pleasure as always. From there, Jumpy and I went out to Lonestar for some deliciousness. I tried to turn in early that night to get some sleep for the brown grading but Jumpy and the Bus wanted to stay up late. Those crazies.

The next day was the brown grading was an overall intense experience. The grading itself was a pleasure to be part of and reminded me of what it is about jitsu that appeals to me. Following the grading, there was the Jitsu Semi which saw me running around like a chicken without a head for an hour into the event trying to get the slideshow together and Mr. Bus an award. It all worked out well in the end though as everything came off pretty smoothly. Afterwards, we went to the grizz where we got drunk, did some socializing and other interesting events unfolded.

Sunday I returned to Cornwall for a brief while to get some things done and would head out to Ottawa for a belated b-day celebration with RA and co. RA made some fantastic chili and King of Kings Pate. We also enjoyed the spectacle which is Wrestlemania which turned out to be pretty good considering the card on paper didn't look that hot.

This week's been pretty much a blur as I once again didn't get much sleep on the weekend. I finally got back to the gym yesterday which was nice. I'll likely hit it once more before heading to K-Town for the last aberdeen kegger. I was suppose to be there tonight but I decided to take a night of the fast pace lifestyle, especially after crashing and burning. Once you hit rock bottom, you can only go up though.

Closing thoughts:
- The hypersensitivity to all music hit an all time high this week. But its slowly tapering off.
- I'm taking a small leave of absence from the mats for personal reasons. Return time = unknown
- There was a request to wear a t-shirt over a wifebeater tommorrow. I'm not sure if such things are in good fashion taste.
- My new pans bring me such joy in their overall fantastic nature
- Yes there is something bothering me. No, I don't want to talk about it. Thanks for asking.
- I've inherited my father's stubborn nature for sure

Current Song: Cinderlla - Don't know what you got til its gone
Current Mood: Dosile

2 comments:

Drewjitsu said...

ummmmmmm...Docile. You mean Docile.

Hope to see you back on the mats soon.

--Anders.

Anonymous said...

awesome song... awesome band... awesome genre of music... ah how I miss my 80s hair bands.

I'm sure you know that Cinderella was discovered playing in a bar by Jon Bon Jovi.

Keep your chin up brother, and try to stay positive, as hard as that may be.

Nadine