Friday, April 22, 2005

Too much

Well if I made one of my normal blog entries I think I could write a novel like BPIC. So I'm gonna resume the last few weeks in point form.

Sunday
I was very hungover and sad that the previous day had to end. I was also amazed at how much money I'd spent. A little too much. BPIC was over, we ate subs and watched Jay and Silent Bob strikes back. After that he left, I updated my website with semi pics and then went to bed and passed out.

Monday
Realized I was heading home the next day and thus had to pack for calgary or else I'd have nothing to take. Laundry was finished at which point we celebrated Keeves's B-day. That was messy. McM and the rest demolished alcohol. There was a 19 year old here who kept ranting about how good Donny Darko was. It's a good movie but not at a party. Oh well.

Tuesday
Went home and played video games and forgot to pick my sister up from the train station. Whoops!

Wednesday
Realized I needed to get stuff done instead of just playing video games. Cleaned up the house a little, went to the gym, did some groceries, made some delicious dinner. Thumper, BPIC and J-Bun (Previously action Gal) arrived and we chatted about how awesome Calgary was gonna be. No one wanted to sleep.

Thursday
Everyone wanted to sleep when it was time to hit the airport. So after some violent bed shaking, we were on our way to calgary. Plane ride was cramped and they served cardboard waffles but we were on our way to calgary!!! We arrived, tried to nap but that didn't work so we went and saw sin city which was messed up. Jessica Alba is hot though. Got back and went to train after being up for 20+ hours. That wasn't very pretty. Quickest grading ever followed that at a record 15 minutes. Went to the bar and I fell asleep in the comfy chair. Met EnglishMutt there who put us up at his place which was nice of him.

Friday
Went to Lake Louise for the day which was awesome. We threw timbits during the car ride there, took a trail down lake louise, bought some delicious citrus water, had dinner at the Keg and then threw muffins at the other car on the way back because we were out of timbits. Had a pint that night when we returned and turned in a little early to conserve energy for the next day.

Saturday
Course and a grading = tired T-Bone. It also means time to party like it was 1999! We were introduced to Peter's Drive-In that day which is a wickedly sweet venue. They have 32 or so flavours of Shakes amongst other items. I got a Root Beer shake, double cheeseburger and a chesse dog. It was delicious. Jfashion decided to get a large fry which was nutty because the serving size turned out to be the size of an adult head. No joke. Four of us couldn't put a dent in it. After failing that mission, we went to EnglishMutt's to shower and then we were off to Molly Mallone's. In summary, I had many pints of guinness, did many foolish things and made google eyes with a mini Britney Spears. I can't believe a hot girl was attracted to me. These things don't usually happen.

Sunday
Ugghhhhhh. Hungover training. The course was cut short because people were falling over. Everyone was dead tired. Naturally, I was dumb and went to the very end. After the course, we once again hit Peter's Drive-In as J-Bun wanted milkshakes and no one objected. After milksahkes, I think we napped but it was a blur at this point as fatigue had set in. That night we went to ScrewDriver Bill's/Corkscrew Bibs/BottleScrew Bill's. I don't acutally know what the real name is to this day. Drank a little, got slapped by a Shodan and then drank more. I wanted to go dancing but we decided to get nachos instead at EnglishMutt's. After two rounds of Nachos and burning some some wrapped greenish plant it was 4am and time to pass out.

Monday
Next morning it was time to pack and say goodbye to the nice folk who had hosted us. After having some food we concluded out trip with some shopping and then headed for the airport. I tried to lighten the sad atmosphere by saying that 'I was sad' over and over again but it was still sad.

Tuesday
Got home at 4am, slept and made it to 2/4 classes. Posted photos Calgary on my website, did some laundry and slept. Write-off day to catch up on sleep basically.

Wednesday
Saw Hook with J-Bun and BPIC to ease the Calgary withdrawl. We ate some delicious cake.

Thursday and Friday
Finished a final copy of the slideshow and caught up on sleep. Gonna run later.

Concluding thoughts:
- I want to be back in Calgary. Thanks to everyone who covered my fare so I could be part of this.
- I can't believe a hot girl flirted with me. That dosn't make any sense at all. Must be calgary water.
- Finally done the slideshow
- I am still very privilleged to have met so many wonderful and considerate people
- Website: zouty.recurse.org

1 comment:

Drewjitsu said...

Peter's Drive-in. Fuck!! Totally forgot about telling you guys about that. Awesome that you guys liked it. Root beer shakes = The win.

And I keep tellin ya...It's your brown magic that attracts all the ladies. You watch when you move to Vancouver. Maybe it's a western thing.

--Anders.