Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Semi!

What an awesome day this turned out to be.

I awoke that morning to buy items for the breakfast I was suppose to hold but it turns out that most people were partying until six in the morning and thus would not end up making it. A couple stragglers, including a ridiculously hungover Jumpy would arrive. Things were pretty chill until rock climbing as we just chilled on the porch and chatted away in the warm sun.

The two thirty meeting time for rock climbing rolled around and about half the individuals who said that they were attending showed up on time. I was not suprised by this at all as no one is ever prompt in the club. That's just life though.

After making a few telephone calls, most items got straightened out. One individual decided to just not show up. I'll include a note here that if you want to know the best way to piss me off, then you should know that easiest way to do that is to say you're going to do something and then not do so without any explanation or apology. It's the rudest thing you could possibly do.

Thankfully the day progressed up from there and that was the only thing that would get me pissed. Rock climbing was a blast, I mingled, I climbed, I mingled more and snapped some hilariously funny photos. I had to do a little time shuffling since we started a little later but that was pretty easy.

Slideshow came next and as people trickled into the T-Bone Palace, I knew that this was gonna be exactly as I wanted it to be. My goal was to pay tribute to everyone who had played a role in my Jitsu run and I think when everyone saw the slideshow, they were content as everyone understood what I wanted to say in that we'd been part of something special.

Since we were a little past due on the clock, we didn't have too much reflection time to look at the photos and remember the awesome times but it was okay because we were on our way to make more.

Dinner was awesome. Just awesome. Food was awesome. The awards were awesome. The Bus was awesome for putting such a lavish meal together for everyone. I could not stop eating the delciousness. The theme was egyptian and there was everything from baba ganoush (sp?) to lamb kabobs. Magnificent.

From there we hit the palace again for some pre grizz drinks and then were off to the dance floor. As soon as we got there, we were into our shot stylings with a good ol prarie fire. It was crazilily strong and set my face on fire but it was okay since it was a good burn. Following that came the dancing in the extremely hot dance area. At this point something awesome happend that should have happend a long time ago.

Now I had not spoken of this on the blog because I don't like to harp on the bad but Fish and I had not spoken for almost three weeks. Even at large socials, snickery glances would go back and forth and that would be the extent of things between us. While on the dancefloor, my bladder decided it was washroom time. On the way there, I noticed another pack of us were on the way to the dance floor including Fish with the look that had become all too custom.

Within about thirty seconds, I decided it was time to quit acting like a hipster doofus and deal with things like a big boy would. So I went to the bar and got her one of her favourite drinks. After spilling half of it while trying to get back to the dance floor I would finally get back and offer it to her as a peace offering. Intially extending my hand, I'm sure she questioned whether I was aiming towards her but would confirm things by swiftly kicking her in the ass and affirming it. And thus, at least for the night, things were gonna be okay.

The dancing was awesome with the DJ playing some good oldies. I managed to get two requests in and they were both played which was amazing. When I tried for a third, I was notified that it was time for the last dance. I wasn't quite sure how time had flown by but while the chimes of 'One' began to play, I knew there were only two girls who I wanted to be dancing with.

For once, Sparxx never crossed my mind which was good and bad. Good in that I wouldn't be wasting time anymore but bad in that it was sad that such sincere feelings had turned to nothing.

But with the fitting lyric 'Is it getting better, or do you feel the same?' I knew which of the two I needed to be holding at the time. Thus I quickly apologized to ActionGal, who would warmly say 'you're right' and latched onto Fish. Things made sense then and in going with fate that night I whispered 'that it was time to fix things' and it is. It was good to be on the right path overall that night.

The rest of the night would find us back at my place, sipping on Scotch and other drinks until the sun came up. It was the end to a day that will forever stay in my heart and was a fitting way for T-Bone to exit the club. No sadness, no tears, just smiles.

No comments: