Sunday, January 06, 2008

A new set of resolutions

With the various dialogs that run through my head these days it occurs to me that this blog might actually stay going in a self introspective manner. This past week I've been contemplating what my new resolutions might be with me actually being successful at most of the resolutions last year. This is what I've come up with:

1) In the last four months, in a realization that Jitsu Van was going to take off, I began to train pretty intensely so I wasn't a fat slob on the mats. During that time I went from 192 to 172 and my stamina increased quite significantly. This year, I'm hoping to get myself down to 165 as that seems to be a healthy weight for my size.

2) Jitsu Van is about to take off in a few weeks. While I'm sure I'm going to have a rockin good time with all that will come with it, I'd like to make it a point to step back every so often and just soak it all in. (Hopefully at such points, they'll be other instructors to teach such as to avoid strange silences)

3) This past year was good to me. On the inside I dezoned karma wise and just found a neutrality that hadn't been there for a while. On new year's though I realized that it would have been nice to have a counter part to share a New Year's kiss with. Thus, this year, I'm setting my sights on positioning myself to get a New Year's kiss.

It shouldn't be too hard to find success when it comes to these three things as they're pretty simple in nature. Time will tell though.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll kiss you, Zout.

Anonymous said...

Hey man,

So what's the deal with the club? I'd love to read an explanation!

-Stu

Stu Cooke said...

Sweet! Jitsu Van definitely has a better ring to it than Jitsu Burnaby.

Congratulations :D

Drewjitsu said...

Good to hear about Jitsu Van, man.

Let us know what times the club trains. Who knows when a guest might drop in to throw some people around.

--Anders.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and good luck, T-Bone! Looking forward to hearing more about the club as things progress.

-Jen

Anonymous said...

I think you are still a self centred waste of time thats going nowhere.