Thursday, January 26, 2006

Havn't posted in while

Well, as per the case of everyone it seems, the blog posts seem to have been lacking in the past few days. Overall, I think things just seem much more lame in comparisson to the holidays and that could be the reason.

In summary though, here's what happend since the last time I posted. I wrote a test on wednesday which, while somewhat of a sucess, was more of a failure. That being said, I always need one wake up call for studying which usually has an effect on the next two or three tests.

I've been trying to increase my training status to run on par with that of Thumper status but after two days at the gym and three days of jitsu (which included courses) it had finally caught up with me and thus I've been on training break the last couple of days. However, I do see myself at the gym either today or tommorrow to resume training.

My mother got on my case on monday for being in Kingston when she called and implied that I was spending too much time with my baby girl. Seeing how this has been my first girlfriend in almost five years and that we see each other maybe bi weekly, I took this quite personally. But it didn't stop at that as my ability to prioritize was put into question when she said I wasn't doing enough work but instead playing around too much. Just lovely. Apparently working eight hour shifts everyday for no money is worth nothing and the time I put in elsewhere is also worth nothing in their books. I could likely rant further about this but I think I'll leave it at that. The final product of it all though is a strengthened desired to head out to Vancouver and stay out of Toronto when I start working.

Closing thoughts:
- The noon-8 shift isn't so bad. I get to sleep in and caught up on all my paper work.
- I think I need to start reading more and watch less TV. Stupid addictive drug-like boxsets.
- Only seven months left in this dreadful Cornwall.
- I might go to Ottawa to train on Sunday. I dunno yet.

Current Song: Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way
Current Mood: Somber

No comments: