Thursday, October 05, 2006

"It's real! It's damn real!!"

Well after all the hoop jumping and rigamarol (as my parents would say), it all said and done with and a job offer has been formally been made my way and for all intensive purposes, I am on my way to Vancouver. It's very surreal that this has finally arrived because its been all talk for one and a half years and yet here it is at last.

Now the final details are still being ironed out but some of the more important and relevant details are:

- I plan on leaving Tuesday on the 17th sometime early in the morning. This allows me to spend the weekend at both the course, come home for a little bit and then be on my way.

- The job starts on the 30th of October. This allows me about a week to get familiar with Vancouver and spend time finding a place provided I arrive on the 22nd.

In the mean time there is quite a bit to sort out with insurance and licensing and moving companies and packing and other incurrent expenses. Oh yes, there's also thanksgiving.

My parents arn't to thrilled with the idea but I'd associate that with the close minded west indian mentality that plots out your future from birth as school, job, marriage, children, death. Since, I'm not following this, naturally I must be wrong. Hopefully though, they'll grow to understand.

I'd like to thank all of the people who have always been supporting me along the way keeping me positive. I'd also like to personally thank 'the man who will always have a place to sleep on my couch' for convincing me to take some decisive action which ended up spiraling into the offer being made. Without his sound advice, I'd likely still be waiting.

Closing comments:
- How much can you hate someone such that you purposefully lead them on thinking you've left a good reference all the while sabotaging their attempts. And you call me me low.
- It's realy a mix of excitement and fear of moving so far and doing something so completely off the wall. I'm sure that's where the payoff will be though.

Current Song: Alanis Morissette - Surrendering
Current Mood: Well... Fear and Excitement! Whoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! This is very exciting news and about time might I add. You've worked hard and its finally paid off. Looks like things are finally falling into place.

Luck & Love

Fish

Anonymous said...

Congratulations T-Bone. On your way to Van, stop off to train in Calgary (if its possible).

Ben

Jay said...

Just a stranger passing through - congratulations.