Monday, May 15, 2006

"Not the gumdrop button"

The past week was a nice one considering I got out of this foul city and back home to something normal (or relatively normal in my life). I was orginally going to go home next weekend but decided to move it to this weekend in favour of seeing my sister for her birthday and my mother for Mom's Day. I also got to see my niece too and realy got to interact with her for the first time. She's a little sweetie.

Friday, while doing a case in the OR, I finally realized why I have such distain for this city. The case involved a 17 year old pinning a bone in her hand because it had been broken. Sounds normal until one asks if she is pregnant (which is a safety precaution with radiation) and the reply is "No, I already have a 2 yr old". Then when the doctor asked if how school was going, she responded by saying she didn't go to school and worked full time at McDonalds. What was sad though is that I knew this kid was pretty intelligent based on a bit of casual conversation and it was the city itself and the people that had lead her in this direction. Thank goodness I'm only here for 3 more months.

Closing thought:
- Got some stuff to put on E-bay so if you need comics or useless action figures, be on the lookout
- Long weekend comming up. Any propositions?
- Got another reply from a different Hospital branch in Vancouver as well as one from back home. Hopefully the interviews will be comming soon.
- My wrist is almost healed but its still a bugger sometimes in terms of when it will and won't let me do something. Hopefully it will be healed come boot camp time.
- If you can propose anything that will stop the next three months from sucking in Cornwall, I'm open to suggestions.

Current Song: Goo Goo Dolls - Stay With You
Current Mood: Satisfied (from delicious spaghetti)

1 comment:

-Matt said...

For the next three months, do NOT get a girl pregnant. That should be enough to keep Cornwall from not sucking.