Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Benchmark set

Well, with 30 mins left in the dry cycle for my load of laundry, I figured it would be the perfect time to get in another blog post. Now this past b-day weekend was long and awesome but I'm gonna try to be a poignant as possible.

I was given my b-day off and would add a day off my personals to make it a four day long weekend. And I must say in retrospect that everyday off was unique and fanstastic in some way.

Friday I slept in quite a bit and awoke to make myself eggs, toast and a fruit for breakfast. I would later go on to get some odd chores done around the house that I was meaning to get done for a long time. Later on came some leisure reading, guitar playing and other items of general relaxation.

That night I head to Kingston for the real celebration. The nights session was pretty intense, encompassing a night of all throws, most of which were right out of the brown syllabus. Then came the birthday bouncing which was pretty intense. I was so that no one did a makikomi on me though. Oh well.

Following the session came the b-day bash. Thumper and I got decked out to the nine and were so saturated with sexyness that we were afraid of critical overload and women turning into puddles at the sight of us. Thankfully that didn't happen and I'm glad it didn't because that would have made for one large sausage party.

The party itselft was just awesome. There were car bombs all around, tonnes of cakes, car bombs, cigars, other merry smokable items and dancing in the kitchen floor. There were even some rigged up stages with chairs. 'Ain't no party like a 541 Party, cause a 541 party don't stop.'
The night tapered off around 3ish when everyone's tank was on empty.

Everyone slowly awoke the next morning and we gradually eased into a breakfast at Smitty's. The stomach was quakin a little bit over breakfast, but in the end I would manage to get all of it down. From there I took off on my way home to celebrate the b-day with the family in what I'd thought was going to be dinner.

As such, I didn't shave or any kind of real grooming but instead just brushed my hair and put on a polo shirt. Needless to say I was suprised when it turned out to be a small surprise party with a lot of 'old school' family that I had not spent a b-day with for a long time. It was a pretty fun time seeing everyone and overall the night had a very nostalgic feel to it. Thankfully, my family don't party like my friends and the night ended about 11. This worked out quite well since my brain and body went on strike and closed down at 10.

I would like to note here though that my sister is awesome. Not only for organizing a suprise party amongst a west indian family (who have no idea what surprise means), but also for going to such length as to contact people she didn't even know (my friends) to get J-Buns contact to invite her. Finding this out I think meant the most to me because of the sheer effort required.

Sunday was pretty mundane compared to the other few days. I slept in, cleaned my car, bought J-Bun a b-day present and printed photos on my Dad's photo printer. Pretty straight forward.

I headed out that night back to Kingston to spend time with the Bun for her b-day (much to my parents protest). This too was fairly low-key in that we listened to music, made breakfast the next day and went shopping. I ended up buying quite a bit but it was with b-day money, so it was all good.

I would return to Cornwall around mid-afternoon in a sad depressed state that all the b-day fun had ended I would be returning to the grind. All well that end's well though.

Closing thoughts:
- Still fortunate that I have the people in my life that I do
- Yes there was lady drama this weekend but I purposely left it out. It will be saved for the uncut extended editions later on.
- I downloaded the David Gilmour Album 'On an Island'. I'm not sure why its so popular.
- Gradings are comming up! They're so much more enjoyable when they're not your own.
- I need to take a day off to recover from my days off.
- I'm excited at some of my grocery purchases which include pitas, cream cheese and 1% choclate milk.
- I also bought two new top of the line non stick pans. I was sick of my crappy one being overly crappy.

Current Mood: Very Tired
Current Song: James Blunt - So Long Jimmy

No comments: