Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Series Finale

It's almost ridiculous how this feels like the Series Finale of the 439. Soon I'll be leaving, much the same way someone always leaves at the end of a series to give it reason to end. There are a few episodes left before the end (and the McM spinoff begins) which include:

- The Camp Trip
- Zout teaches BPIC's club one week

But then comes the series finale, 'Zout parts to Cornwall'.

The past few episodes have not been that entertaining since the long weekend. I spent a week or so pulling items out of my organized mass of stuff and put it on e-bay. Overall the process was pretty straight forward and anyone can do it. That being said here are a few pointers I'll leave for others that I wish I'd had in the beginning:

- Pictures sell. Put up as many pictures that you would want to see of an item you were thinking about buying.

- Keep the text simple. Don't write a novel about your product. If people have questions, they'll message you.

- Paypal works. Use it.

- Shipping works like this. If standard postage in Canada is X, the Xpresspost in canada is 1.5X and shipping to the states is 2.5X. And don't forget overhead like costs of boxes and packing materials. It all adds up.

- Start bids low even if its an expensive item. People like to see cheap items they think they can afford. Expensive items will inevitably go up.

That's about all off the top of my head for tips. When I wasn't ebaying, I would be doing work around the house like painting trim and cleaning up. The week after, I painted the main floor in my sisters house. More work, less fun.

Upon finishing that I decided to head back to K-town to get the gears moving for the Cornwall movement. I arrived friday and cleaned up my computer and tidied up the house a little bit. I didn't want to do much since the course was the next day.

The course itself was awesome. For once in my jitsu run, I felt like I was working at 110% and I was super pumped for everything we were doing. That, in addition to getting semi intoxicated and sleeping on hard wood, sent me into hurt bag mode the next day. I realy didn't say or do much except for eat and sleep while my body attempted to repair all the damage.

Monday I awoke to McM telling me there was a ride waiting for me to Cornwall that morning if I wanted it with his Mom. The catch was that I had to be ready in the next hour (this included a pre apartment hunt). After throwing things together that I needed, we were on our way. Mrs. K gave me a small tour around and after going to work, gave me her vehicle to go apartment hunting which was very kind of her. I eventually found a place which is located at:

1430 1st Street East, Apt 308
Cornwall, ON
K6H 6H1

Upon returning to the hospital to return Mrs. K's vehicle, I was told that she had arranged a ride back for me to Kingston and that I wouldn't have to take the train. Mrs. K = awesome.

The ride was from one on McM's sister's friend's who I'll name chatterbox. She was very polite and courteous with me in the car up until we got into town and she saw McM at which point she morphed into this chatterbox. Overall, still two thumbs up to her for giving me a ride back without going on a friend's mom's word.

That brings us to now. I just got myself a new cellphone and plan for the move and think I'm going to be living off my cell phone and internet. I pretty much do that now anyways.

The past few months, I've felt like I've been growing up. I got rid of all my old toys, arranged my tuition loans and will have my own place. It's almost like I'm reponsible. That's a scary thought.

Current Song: Backstreet Boys - Never Gone
Current Mood: Excited about my new cell phone!

1 comment:

-Matt said...

It isn't the real series finale. Much like Family Guy, it's only a brief reprieve. Because of popular demand, it'll be back on the air in a year or so. ;)