Friday, August 26, 2005

The Camp Trip

I'm not sure why it's taken me this long to post again especially considering I'm doing a whole lot of nothing these days. My theory is that nothing leads to more nothing almost as if it was contagious and you need to do something to get other things done.

Camping last weekend was a lot of fun. We arrived at Murphy's point with one of two maps that we'd printed for ourselves at about sixish. After registering and setting camp at our site we set out to Perth to get some dinner. We firstly went to some little ritzy place with a nice atrium. There we had nachos and bruschetta and a few beers. At some point in the night, I came to the conclusion that there is stash of very attractive women in perth.

Later, we cruzed out of there to BK to get some whoppers. In half jest, we came up with a plan to start conversations with female parties by posing as travel journalists from Kingston. The next morning, I acquired a little notepad to write notes in and my acting role as a reporter began. We would never end up returning to Perth, but I did make some random notes in preperation for if we did so it would look like I had actually done some research. They go as follows:

- Pirate Bay
- followed blonde down street
- 2" gap
- do from behind
- You're the reporter
- RA says no, Zout is not the reporter
- How now brown cow
- Are you sure this is a parking spot?
- it is now!
- There is no appeal
- McM says 'F'n Traffic Jam!'
- Parked at 2 Wilson
- by Gore (left)
- Dash said maybe past Gore
- Dash spots cougar
- RA wants to abort search for Imperial
- Wilson and North (pass Gore)
- decided its a running gag
- Dash was taking a photo of the mailboxes all aligned
- RA was behind him and couldn't get the shot
- I waited in the car waiting for them to take pictures; not realy interested in the mailboxes
- whole minutes pass completing this task
- I still feel relieved from dumping earlier
- it was worth all the trouble
- Powerbook as portable storage device
- McM parked in someone's driveway
- Dash brought Mika
- He likes it because it's beautiful
- As a kid he was enthralled by it
- The park wants to give snakes a 'brake'
- Useful camp items: Big Tent, Dining Tent, Halogen Lamp, Tiki Torches, Grill and Propane, Frying Pan and Spatula, Fresh Fruit
- McM has precision chopping; my accuracy is quite poor
- Holy Cow!
- RA dosn't like cherries
- RA claims MMMbop is a measure of time
- He also said MK was singing it wrong
- RA claims his upper bossem hurts
- Clear skies on day 3
- My face and hair hurt from lack of cleaning

Random notes. All of them but, it's interesting to note some of the things that were noted but are now forgotten. I would recommend it once to write all thoughts down in a 10 minute span and look at it later. It's kinda neat.

As for camping proper, it was awesome. We chopped wood (illegally), threw the hatchet, made smores, cooked lots of bacon, drank beers and threw the frisbee. Overall very rewarding.

I've spent this week mainly packing and lazing. Doing a lot of excercising and jitsu. On sunday I'm moving all my jazz down to my cornwall apartment. Then I dissapear on friday.

Tune in next thursday for the finale of the 4-3-9 where zout parts for Cornwall. There is already a special guest cameo planned by the Hamma! and who knows who else might show up. It could be riotous. I predict drinking, dancing and merryment!

Also, my new cell phone is awesome. I love it and everyone should call me on it. Call now!

No comments: