Sunday, June 30, 2013

Escape Day 20

So I am currently sitting at Day 20 from TSW and things have shown some improvement. I've used my hands as a guide Pictured below are two photos of my hands. One is from the beginning of June about 10 days before I went full tilt on Corticosteroid abolition and the other is about 15 days in.

-10 days beforehand

15 days after

As you can see, something is happening which is good. Getting here though is not without turbulence as about 5 days into TSW, every place I'd ever had eczema flared up and became itchy. The only ways I'd find relief are a nice shower or ice and aloe vera. At day 20, the itch has subsided but is definitely still present.

Items of note to anyone who might think TSW might work for them:
1. I smacked my hands accidentally two times in ways that previously would have gashed my hands. This time the hands held up with no bruising.
2. I had a few trigger foods this past weekend; intentionally for some and not intentionally for others. They included the usual suspects like soy, milk and eggs. Reactions did occur but symptoms past much quicker than usual.

The battle pushes forward.

No comments: