Saturday, June 02, 2012

Vancouver Craft Beer Festival

Well, strangely, I'm working on this post for the second time as blogger seems to have pitched my first copy. Ridiculous. Below is a summary of the Vancouver Craft Beer Festival as best I can remember.


Upright Brewing De Glazen (Portland, OR): A nice saison to start of the days event. I found it quite refreshing while DW wasn't a fan. 4/5
Townsite Belgian Ale (Powell River, BC): Well bodied fruity beer with cloudy texture. 8% and event the sampler knocked me on my ass. 3.5/5
Fernie Brown Ale (Fernie, BC): A nice nutty brown ale. 3/5
Cannery Brewing Squire Scotch Ale (Pentincton, BC): Not as good as R and B Wee Angry but still not bad. Good body with a hint of caramel sweetness. 3/5
Red Truck Limited Ruby Da Dog (North Van, BC): Sour beer. Almost like lemonade meets beer. Strangely refreshing though. DW was not a fan of sour beers. 4/5
Parallel 49 Watermelon Wit (Vancouver, BC) Not as good as the name made it sound. Might be because it followed the sour beer. Points though for being the most unique. 4/5
Yukon Red, Amber Ale (Whitehorse, BC) Best beer of the night. Easy on the palette beer with a touch of honey. 5/5
Philips Cask Ale (Victoria, BC): I can't remember what this was! ?/5
Duchesse de Bourgogne (Vichte, Belgium): Slightly sour fruit belgian ale. Good but not worth two tokens. 3.5/5.

Overall, I had quite the great time at this even and can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: