Tuesday, May 08, 2007

In the last week

Back to day shifts
Last wednesday, after having two switch over days, I made a triumphant return to a daytime schedule at work. Overall the sleep switch was a little trying but I was definitely glad to be up during hours on sunshine. I have tried not to get to use to it though as I have a brief encore return performance to nights due to a temporary shortage of staff. It will suck but at least two of the five days will be at much higher pay since I'll be supervisor.

The Bandana BBQ!
The house warming BBQ that we hosted this past saturday was a total blast. Everything ran pretty smoothly and there was an optimal turnout I'd say. The flat could definately hold more but I wouldn't have wanted more as we only have the one bathroom. The many random events which included steaks and grillems, hot dog launching, bandanas, pies, seven layer taco dip, beirut and a host of other hijinks will put a smile on my face for a long while. There will definately be more themed BBQs that follow. Next one will likely be after I return from ON at the end of this month.

Trip Home
The trip home is officially book and confirmed for the 24th to the 31st. The two main events which have been planned so far are a good friend's wedding and reception (which I'm very much looking forward to) and Phantom of the Opera (which I'll be attending with my sister). Everything for the trip has been fairly straight forward except for how to get my suit back. I bought a nice piece of luggage recently at sears as it was half off but I'm pretty positive suits are not meant to be squished into it and thus I don't think it will be going home. Thus my two options are to borrow a suit from my Dad or to rent a Tux. Renting a Tux sounds appealing as it will allow more ability to style and profile but I'm not sure if I can get a Tux on such short notice. It might also be very expensive. I'll have to do some research on this matter.

Coffee Date
Still hasn't happend. Crossing my fingers that it will as I'm still quite smitten. That is all on that matter.

Another engagement!
I recently found out that a good friend from university recently got engaged to his longtime girlfriend of three or four years. I am ecstatic for them, especially since its a relationship that I had a role in establishing and it is nice to know that some part of my actions have resulted in a happily ever after for two genuinely nice people.

Cool Songs
Foo Fighters - Times like these (acoustic version from last episode of Jericho)
Linkin Park - Bleed it out
Chantal Kreviazuk - Wonderful
Nelly Furtado - In God's Hands
The Corrs - So Young (K-klass remix) (Got a nice summer feel)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok...

Who got engaged?

and...

You can get travel bags specifically desigend for suits. How do you think those travelling sales men get by?

You can likely find it at sears too!

Fish