Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"I don't feel like Satan, but I am to them"

After being somewhat lured back to the song 'Rockin in the free' World by an MSN handle of Mr. Yau's, I find myself unable to stop listening to it at the moment. There's something entrancing about the lyrics and the beat of the song that entrance. I also have several versions/covers which included one by one of my high school teachers and a school band which has a nostalgic element and adds to my enjoyment of the song.



Nothing too exciting happening in the world of Zout these past couple days. I went home this past weekend to take some stuff home and recharge the batteries. It's true that I have not been doing much and as such I shouldn't have been as tired as I was, but I think the recent surge of heat and humidity has been taxing on my sleep since I don't have AC. Thus a trip home, which has the excellence of AC, allowed me to get a few good nights of real good sleep.

We also had the oppurtunity to go out as a family (immediate as well as cousin's family who is like a brother to me) for dinner. My seven month old niece was present and everyone was giving her copius amounts of attention as is usual when she's present. I often question why it is that people abandon all forms of higher intellect and reduce themselves to 'baby talk' around babies but at the same time, I did the exact same. She's cute, quite cute.

I was orginally planning on attending the majority of the Highland games this weekend but have since changed my mind for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, I have a big exam in two weeks and think that four days off provides for an excellent chance to get into a good chunk of material. The other, which relates to the first, is that I am heading to Muskoka the next weekend for the celebration of Mosie's 25th B-day! I might still end up going on friday though and taking in the surroundings. It's 50/50 as of this moment.

Closing thoughts:
- It occurs to me more each time I make a long drive about how comfortable I am doing it and how it's nothing anymore.
- Does anyone actually care that Lance Bass is gay? Didn't everyone assume most members of boy bands were brady since they were in boy bands?
- I can almost see the finish line. Just 2.5-3.5 weeks left!
- There have been two wickedly intense thunderstorms in the past two nights? Where does all this rain come from?
- "That's one more kid that will never go to school, never get to fall in love, never get to be cool"

Current Song: Neil Young - Rockin in the Free World (duh)
Current Mood: Tired (another late night post)

No comments: