Sunday, July 10, 2005

Last Weekend in K-town

Well this is the few days I'll be in k-town in a resident status. For the next month or so, I'll be heading home to brampton, then I'll be back at the end of August just to pack things up to move to Cornwall.

Naturally I'm both happy and sad to be leaving after a five year hiatus here. It's good to get away and start something new for a little while and perhaps meet some new faces but there are a lot of happy memories for me in K-town and it will be hard to leave. I'll likely be back pretty often next year though on a bi-weekly basis I'd say. I might even be so bold as to try and coerce my parents into taking over the old 4x4 since they're thinking of passing it on.

This past weekend was pretty chill spending a couple days with BPIC and Browntown for BPIC's b-day. Friday we had dinner at the Chinese buffet for $7 and while that may seem like a good deal, it in fact was a recipe for hell as all the bad stuff that they put in lead to some hyperactivity of my GI tract and bad smells. Mud-Butt!

Because of this huge discomfort, I had no more desire to get my drink on friday. Everyone pretty much felt this way so I wasn't the only one thankfully being a stink. We had given it a good effort to try and walk off the terribleness and made it to three bars that night but nothing would end up working.

Saturday I woke up feeling a lot better but terribly dehydrated. I wasn't in the mood for anything and nursed water for about and hour at which point the hunger hit. Following eating and a shower, BPIC and Browntown came by and we watched Chapelle. Following this they taught me how to throw a football as I've never been good at it. Later we all had dinner together where they attempted to poison me with Patt Thai which had shrimp, nuts and peanut sauce. I was too clever for them though and evaded the danger dish.

We once again went out on the town for drinks, first to Brew Pub and then to Elixer. We ate a lot of apps at the Brew Pub so once again drinking was slowed down and later, as things would pick up, the waitress (who was hot) asked us to settle the tab since she was on the way out. Needing more to drink, we decided to head to the Elixer since it was cheap drinks night and they have a nice outdoor patio. We drank until they closed at which point we parted ways.

Today, I just ran, downloaded and read a lot. Nice and relaxing. Tommorrow I'll likely be doing laundry and packing to go home. It will likely feel weird as it always does whenever I move from a place I've gotten use to.

Closing thoughts:
- Kingston sucks for meeting new people. Ladies always think you want third base when you start talking to them so conversations go nowhere.
- Having too much time off gets pretty boring
- There was a cool shirt at Willy's that I wanted. I might have to purchase it on the VISA
- In packing I came accross some old photo albums with some sweet memories in them. Wish I could do it all again. Most of it ...
- If you see BPIC doing a slight shake its because he's Buck Nasty. I will likely be Silky Johnson.
- Dave Chapelle is awesome

Current Mood: Reflectivly Content
Current Song: The All American Rejects - Dirty Little Secret

No comments: